Subject: [boost] [rfc] cppgui
From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-12 20:14:05

I've been working the past two years, on and off, unfortunately more
often not, in a GUI library. But I have gotten back to it. And I
wanted to make it usable. I believe there are some great things in it.
This library has a named parameter interface which is extensible by
the backend implementation.
I've been working on a QT port, which have been fairly easy so far.
My intention is to rework some parts of it, finish most widgets and
the surface concept I've been working on and submit to review to
boost.
But I wanted some ideas on the controller interface and whatever might
be useful too in improving the design before submitting.
The library is in http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/cppgui
There's a svn and trac there that I use.
The library requires the boost/funcitonal/factory.hpp library reviewed
and accepted (?), which is not yet part of any boost distribution to
compile.
You will also need fusion to compile.
I've tested with GCC 4.4.0/4.3.3 with QT and win32 with visual C++ 9.0.
But should be pretty portable, including qt in visual C++.
The gtk code does not compile :(.

There are some very primitive documentation in the site, and some
examples in the svn.

Thanks in advance,

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida