Subject: Re: [boost] Vault access for Boost.Debug
From: Zachary Turner (divisortheory_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-15 14:56:21

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Gennadiy Rozental<rogeeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Zachary Turner <divisortheory <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to request access to the vault.  I'm going to upload a
>> proof-of-concept of some of the things I mentioned earlier in my
>> thread about Boost.Debug.  This early version gives simple stack
>
> Did you give some thought about merging your efforts with what
> I have in Boost.Test?

A little bit. I looked at test/debug.hpp and it looks like currently
you only support the features related to actually attaching debugger
and setting breakpoints, etc. So far the only features I support are
the opposite, those related to symbol information and call stack. So
we haven't duplicated any work so far yet. I'm not sure if it makes
more sense to continue with 2 separate libraries (Boost.Debug and
Boost.Test), or to merge all of my stuff into Boost.Test, or to merge
all of the stuff in debug.hpp into Boost.Debug. Nevertheless, I think
my code is still at an early enough stage that it's not too important
yet. A few people have privately expressed interest in helping to
redesign some of the code I've already done, since I only consider
myself a beginning to intermediate boost user :) I think after that
effort has been underway a little while longer it will make more sense
and be more clear how to combine the functionality.

But the important thing is that so far there hasn't been any
duplicated effort, and I don't think there is any danger of that in
the near future since mostly right now it just needs to be thought
about the design of the call stack related classes / interfaces some
more.