Subject: Re: [boost] [rfc] cppgui
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-15 14:59:56

Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:

>> How do you handle exceptions in Qt?
>
> I don't. Cppgui is exception neutral. Do you foresee a problem? I must
> be honest, I haven't considered this at all.

Exceptions are a serious matter.

Qt uses exceptions alright (most notably from usage of new), but is not
aware of it and does as if it doesn't.

It is perfectly fine not to use exceptions, but if you do you have to
stick to specific coding standards that are in contradiction with the
recommended practice of using exceptions and RAII.

Qt lives in the no-exceptions make-believe land, which is really the
worst of both worlds.

I am personally quite against a library that would have the same
deficiencies.