Subject: Re: [boost] [rfc] cppgui
From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-25 10:26:04

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Tomas<pecholt_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I think that couple of important topics were raised here. Things
> like MVC, layout system and surface concept briefly described on
> your website need to be thinked over in more detail because these
> are going to affect how the library will be used.

I'll think over MVC and the layout system and will get back with a
minimal proposal which can be discussed over.
The surface concept I find it useful to deal with drawing in a generic manner.
If there's any flaw, I would like to know it, since I'm already implementing it.

> As Jarred pointed out GUI library needs to learn from others strenghts and
> weaknesses.

Surely.

> I think we should start by describing how these thigs work in
> commonly used GUI libraries to get an inspiration. Then pick
> up best solution as a candidate to implement in your library
> (or come with new one).

I'm keen to come with a new one, which can be implemented over the
other libraries.

> Of course care has to be taken to keep everything
> consistent and fit to the library's interface. I think
> we need some sort of wiki pages for that. My longest GUI expirience comes
> from Qt and wxWidgets worlds so I can help with describing
> how the things are doing there. What do you think?

Sure! I can add you to the project in assembla if you want.

> Regards

[snip]

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida