Subject: Re: [boost] [rfc] cppgui
From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-29 23:37:47

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:04 PM, Felipe Magno de
Almeida<felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Gottlob Frege<gottlobfrege_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> for a layout engine, look at 'eve' from Sean Parent's ASL
>> stlab.adobe.com. If it is good enough for Photoshop, it is probably
>> good enough for your app as well.
>
> I'm not developing a application, but a library.

I understand. My 'good enough for Photoshop...' was meant more in
general, as in for any apps someone might want to build from your
library.

> But I'll take a look.
> I remember looking it before starting cppgui. Something didn't attract
> me in eve, I don't remember anymore what. But it can be used to gather
> experience.
> Thanks for remembering eve.

If you need/want help with eve, let me know. If nothing else, it
would be good to separate layout from other library concerns, and eve
could be a good example layout engine - particularly since it has some
requirements that other layout engines might not have considered (like
having widgets expose measurements such as text baselines, etc).

Tony