Subject: [boost] proposal for tree container
From: Kasper Peeters (kasper.peeters_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-05 15:17:06

Hi all,

On a regular basis, users of my 'tree.hh' library ask me whether I
would be interested in submitting it to boost. As you may have guessed
from the name, tree.hh is a templated n-ary tree container class in
the spirit of the STL, but of course deviating from it in the sense of
offering various ways of iterating over the tree. More info at

   http://www.aei.mpg.de/~peekas/tree/

Back in 2002 I tried to estimate the interest for inclusion in boost,
see

The most serious criticism back then was the 'lack of abstraction'
(for more details please consult the original thread), and I didn't
have the time to address that.

Given the continuing interest by users of tree.hh to propose it for
inclusion in boost, I would like to give this another shot and see
what's the current opinion. While I would be happy to clean up the
code, I do not have the time to do a substantial rewrite (along the
lines suggested in 2002), but would be interested to help someone else
do that.

License-wise, tree.hh is now available under GPL-2 or 3, but all of
the above of course implies that I'd be willing to re-license.

Cheers,
Kasper