Subject: Re: [boost] [xpressive] Performance Tuning?
From: Paul Baxter (pauljbaxter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-07 17:09:00

"Stewart, Robert" <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
>>
>> It would be good if you could submit your code as a case in
>> optimizing expressive code.
>
> Where and how would you have me do so? I can see developing a performance
> tuning example from it to put in the documentation. I don't know how much
> of that Eric has in mind already or if he is interested in such an
> addition (of his own doing or mine).

This has been an incredibly useful thread. Thanks to you all.

As a potential user put off in the past by concerns over abstraction
penalties with such libraries (even compile time libraries often fail to
deliver in all but simple cases), I urge Eric to embrace such an example to
illustrate just how powerful and maintainable a solution based on expressive
can be.