Subject: Re: [boost] [xpressive] Performance Tuning?
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-17 19:16:39

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM, <raindog_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I would be very interested in seeing this too as your numbers look extremely good

As stated, the numbers are basically hogwash until all three forms are
all tested on the same hardware using the same compiler. I *might*
have time tonight to work on the code that the others posted above to
get it compilable, although it is rather irritating that they posted
code that was incomplete, but meh. If I have time tonight then I can
test all three versions using MSVC8 on WinXP on my old 1.8ghz Opteron
CPU.

Who knows, one of the other version may still be faster, MSVC does
tend to handle optimizing heavy templated code better then other
compilers, and Spirit is nothing but basically to be inlined templated
code, so it might be able to optimize the xpressive version better as
well, and who knows how it will handle the original code.