Subject: Re: [boost] [xpressive] Performance Tuning?
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-19 19:09:18

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 1:15 PM, John Bytheway<jbytheway+boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Loop count:  10000000
> Parsing:  425/500
> original-custom:  1.6307
> xpressive:  116.992
> spirit-quick(static):  0.552722
> spirit-quick_new(threadsafe):  0.53429
> spirit-grammar(threadsafe/reusable):  0.680257

First of all, from what I read of the grammar, "425/500" is not a
valid 'price'. However, something like "0 425/500" would be, and from
what I read of all parsers, none would parse your format, so I bet if
you checked the return value of my parse function, the return would be
false, indicating it failed parsing. I would wager that the xpressive
probably is dieing because it does not know how to handle that value.