Subject: [boost] [uuid] proposed fix for windows_generator.hpp
From: Christian Leutloff (christian.leutloff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-22 13:43:21

Hi,

In boost/uuid/windows_generator.hpp a conversion routine is used that does return a UUID but it is not the same as the one that was generated through the call to UuidCreate().

I have attached a test case that is showing the difference of the choosen implementationen and the expected one. The expected one was validated using the VS debugger, too.

I would like that the provided convertion routines from the windows specific GUID/UUID structure to boost::uid and vice versa will be included in boost::uuid, too.

I'm using the v13 version from the vault.

Should I open a bug report for this issue?

Bye
Christian

--
Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany