Subject: Re: [boost] Subversion upgrade on svn.boost.org
From: Juergen Hunold (juergen.hunold_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-28 10:50:50

Hi,

On Tuesday 28 July 2009, Daniel James wrote:
> 2009/7/28 Frank Mori Hess <fmhess_at_[hidden]>:
> > On Monday 27 July 2009, Daniel James wrote:

> When you merge using svnmerge it uses svn to do the actual merge so
> you get both. For an example, see the property changes on:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/55206/

Thanks for the pointer. I'm currently investigating a migration to svn
merge for our projects.

> I think it has to be run on the server. Although, it wouldn't be too
> hard to do it manually.
>
> But I was trying to concentrate on how (or I suppose if) we're going
> to use subversion's native merge. We can deal with the historical
> data once we've decided that.

Please note that the mergeinfo from svnmerge.py is mostly broken due to
lots of manual sub-tree merges. And we have to make sure everyone making
merges uses svn-1.6. I recall that svn-1.5.5 (?) had some serious
bugs...
And trunk and release a drifting apart quite fast. maybe a re-branch
every couple of releases ?

Yours,

Jürgen

--
* Dipl.-Math. Jürgen Hunold       ! Ingenieurgesellschaft für
* voice: ++49 511 262926 57       ! Verkehrs- und Eisenbahnwesen mbH