Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Plot? - Scalable Vector Graphics
From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-29 13:31:27

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Paul A.
Bristow<pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Jake Voytko started this library during a 2007 GSoC and I have now expanded
> it quite a bit, and begun to use it for my own purposes (including preparing
> the plot for the Boost.Math library functions and statistical
> distributions).
>
> Before I do any more work on it, I'd appreciate feedback from Boosters on
> how useful they think it might be, perhaps as a Boost library?

Paul (and Jake), thanks for doing this. I think it will be very
useful for what I'm working on right now. I have an automated testing
framework that needs to output multiple histograms and I'm currently
using gnuplot for this. I have to output a data file and a script
file from my program, then start the gnuplot process programmatically,
which is quite cumbersome. Having histogram outputting capabilities
in pure C++ sounds great!

One quick question from perusing the docs. Why does the data require
a 0 at the end of the sequence to mark the end, rather than just an
end iterator? A sentinel value seems a little odd, but I admit I
haven't made it very far into the documentation.

I will definitely report back to you once I use this library,

--Michael Fawcett