Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Plot? - Scalable Vector Graphics
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-30 10:02:33

On
> Behalf Of Michael Fawcett
> Sent: 29 July 2009 18:31
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Plot? - Scalable Vector Graphics

> One quick question from perusing the docs. Why does the data require
> a 0 at the end of the sequence to mark the end, rather than just an
> end iterator? A sentinel value seems a little odd, but I admit I
> haven't made it very far into the documentation.

The data does not require a sentinel - just an STL container.

I've tried to provide functions so that you can feed a whole container, or
use iterators to pick out a sub-range.

And also handle the autoscaling so you can do the same - and also (a common)
case want the range to cover the 'minimum of the minimums and the maximum of
the maximums'.

> I will definitely report back to you once I use this library,

Please do.

Eating is the 'proof of the pudding' ;-)

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse