Subject: Re: [boost] Please Help: Experienced very bad performance with Multi-index
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-31 12:49:10

Jarolin, Robert <Robert.Jarolin <at> trueposition.com> writes:

> Joaquin,
> Thank you for the help you are providing.
> To answer your first question, I am still uncertain how to put
> the boost library into a release mode for the usage, though I
> no longer have those #define statements that caused the excessive
> debug overhead.

It is not about putting the *Boost library* into release mode,
but about compiling your code with release settings, usually
implying that the optimizer is used among several other
settings oriented toards making the resulting binary code
faster and lighter.

Which environment are you using?

> I happened to go a route similar to what you stated in 2
> below[...] I only wish there was a way to tell the boost
> multiindex to not create a hash on the item if it is a certain
> defined default value (ex. Empty string, -1, ...)

Some hash value has to be associated, as the element is
to be inserted anywhere into the index. Your mechanism
is a good compromise.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo