Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Plot? - Scalable Vector Graphics
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-02 04:30:39

On
> Behalf Of Christian Henning
> Sent: 01 August 2009 20:09
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Plot? - Scalable Vector Graphics
>
> I've been looking at your code for some time. The mass of code you and
> Jake is mind boggling. Can you tell me a simple way of iterating
> through the svg's primitives? Is that possible? I need to have access
> to primitives, like text, lines, polylines, circles, etc. Once that is
> done I can start writing my drawing functions.

You might like to look at

boost-sandbox\SOC\2007\visualization\libs\svg_plot\example\demo_svg.cpp

This is a disgusting hodgepodge of various misc experiments that really
should not be on public view :-(

But it may give you some ideas on how to start to write something useful to
you.

I'll try to expand some of the documentation of these primitive svg
functions - so far we have regarded them as implementation details, but
there is no reason why they can't be used on their own. They are listed in
the overall index, but you may have trouble seeing the wood for the trees.

You do need to understand the use of groups - effectively layers - that
control what writes over what. The plot program uses dozens of layers, but
you may need only one - I'd start with just one until you need more!

Have fun!

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow