Subject: Re: [boost] [C++0x] Report from Frankfurt committee meeting
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-11 16:00:46

Would it not be possible to produce something like a "C++ Lint" (missing
clever name here). Which would be

a) Written in portable C++
b) Would permit "concept" syntax to be added in as a tagged comment like

/* indiana concept syntax
*/

which would produce concept errors.

This would

a) be a practical tool for working programmers
b) would be useful regardless of the C++ compiler being used
c) would be quicker and easier to make than a full compiler
d) wouldn't have to be very fast as it would only be invoked "occasionally"
e) would provide feedback to the C++ community regarding
the utility and practicality of any concept proposal.

Robert Ramey