Subject: Re: [boost] [move][container] Review Request (new versions of Boost.Move and Boost.Container in sandbox and vault)
From: Jeffrey Hellrung (jhellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-12 13:10:55

Ion Gaztañaga wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I've just uploaded to boost sandbox...
>
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/move/)
>
> and Boost.Vault...
>
> http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=boost.move.container.zip&directory=Containers&
>

> ...new versions of libraries Boost.Move and Boost.Container.

> Best,
>
> Ion

This is great! I've already gotten a ton of mileage out of what was
previously in the sandbox, and it's great that move-assigning from
temporaries now works (ifiuc).

One small thing: It would be nice if boost::is_movable could be used as
an MPL metafunction, i.e., that it have a nested type typedef. For example

template<class T>
class is_movable
{
     public:
     static const bool value = ...;
     typedef boost::integral_constant< value > type;
};

This need had come up for me before; I can dig up some context if desired.

- Jeff