Subject: [boost] [move][container] Review Request (new versions of Boost.Move and Boost.Container in sandbox and vault)
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-12 05:35:04

Hi to all,

I've just uploaded to boost sandbox...

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/move/)

and Boost.Vault...

http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=boost.move.container.zip&directory=Containers&

...new versions of libraries Boost.Move and Boost.Container.

Online documentation can be found here:

Boost.Move

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/move/libs/move/doc/html/index.html

Boost.Container

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/move/libs/container/doc/html/index.html

I would like to request a review for both libraries. Boost.Move is quite
small (just one header).

Boost.Container depends on Boost.Move and Boost.Intrusive so you must
download also the post-1.40 version of Intrusive placed in the same
package (Boost.Container uses new features from Intrusive not included
in Boost 1.40). Just take fresh Boost 1.39 folder and overwrite it with
package contents.

************************
What's new in Boost.Move:
************************

->The library has been modified to support moving rvalues of copyable
AND movable types, a limitation of the previous version. This changes
where proposed by Klaus Triendl in this thread:

The library has now new macros to declare copyable and movable types and
movable only types. Old macros are still there for backwards
compatibility (specially unordered library which was also ported to this
move sandbox) but I expect to remove them if current approach is
considered better.

->Updated documentation and tests.

************************
What's new in Boost.Container:

-> Added tests and documentation
-> Updated the library to the new Boost.Move macros

* * *

I've tested both libraries in Windows XP using the following compilers:
Visual 7.1, Visual 8.0, Visual 9.0, Intel 10.0, Mingw-gcc 4.3 and
Mingw-gcc 4.3 in C++0x mode. The library should work on any C++03
conforming compiler

Best,

Ion