Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: DE (satan66613_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-17 13:20:22

on 17.08.2009 at 20:58
 joel wrote :
>> matrix<double> m(3, 3); //dynamically allocated
>> matrix<double, 3, 3> static_m; //statically allocated
> I was speaking of the expression class.
for expression classes only shapes to be concerned:
rectangular, symmetric, upper- and lower-triangular
what i forgot?

> I also advice you to not multiply tempalte parameters like that
> as it quickly becomes hard to maintain.
example?

>> again, my point is: since you need to implement policies themselves
>> somewhere and their relationship and behavor (possibly by specializing
>> some templates) why not to do that by defining distinct types with
>> proper interfaces?
> Because you'll need a combinatorial number of such thing.
but every unique entity can provide perfectly reasonable interface for
just that entity
e.g. a sparse matrix can provide non_zero_count() which will return
the actual number of stored values
furhtermore similar entities may (and must) be factored so there will
be no code duplication

>> it's a very simple,
> Yes
>> stable,
> Yes
>> scalable
> No
arguments?
>> easily maintainable design
> No
arguments?
>> and more: it is easier to understand for users
> Not more than my solution.
example?

--
Pavel