Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-17 16:01:08

joel wrote:

> Rutger ter Borg wrote:
>> Packed Hessenberg? (vector+triangular, or different?) How are banded
>> matrices dealt with?
>>
> Currently in no way. We focused on the one we needed. The extensions can
> be done for other things.
>> I would say these are not part of a matrix, rather of the expression?
>> Like unitary and orthogonal?
> Maybe. That's something we barely touched. Any insight is welcome.

Maybe if you're able to "add" type-tags to a matrix_expression or something
like that? Sorry to keep using the solve example, but say you would have
symmetric matrix A,

x = solve( A, b )
x = solve( positive_definite( A ), b )

then both expressions in the first argument are matrices, but the second
could be identified, e.g., by a meta-function

is_positive_definite< expr >

which evaluates to a true_type?

Cheers,

Rutger