Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: joel (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-17 16:05:30

Rutger ter Borg wrote:
> Maybe if you're able to "add" type-tags to a matrix_expression or something
> like that? Sorry to keep using the solve example, but say you would have
> symmetric matrix A,
>
> x = solve( A, b )
> x = solve( positive_definite( A ), b )
>
> then both expressions in the first argument are matrices, but the second
> could be identified, e.g., by a meta-function
>
> is_positive_definite< expr >
>
> which evaluates to a true_type?

Yes. I'll have to find the proper way to add tags in the proto
expression I build.
If all get worse, I can store a mpl::set of tags in the expression types
then have a
proto transform that iterate over expression to retrieve the first set
tags it founds.

This makes solid sense.

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35