Subject: [boost] [UUID] uuid.hpp Objective C++ conflict.
From: M M (mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-17 18:02:50

Hello,

I'm interested in using the uuid library for iphone development. Unfortunately, I can't use it "out of the box" because the function nil in uuid.hpp collides with the Objective C keyword of the same name and, hence, I get a compiler error. If I change the name to mynil, then it compiles ok.

1) Given this conflict, will you still proceed with the same function name? (As an fyi, all other boost libraries I've incorporated into the iphone fortunately don't have this problem.)

2) If so, do you have any suggestions on how I can handle this issue besides manually changing the function name from nil to something else?

Thanks,

Mostafa