Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40.0] Beta 1 release candidate available
From: Stephen Nuchia (snuchia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-17 18:13:47

Having been shamed by the chatter about the lack of beta feedback, and
coincidentally finding myself in need of some more recent boost
features, I dropped the 1.40.0 beta1 ZIP over my 1.35.0 source tree and
tried to build my system.

So, what's the story on this _pRawDllMain thing? I see nothing but
confusion and speculation in a quick search of the archives. This is a
breaking change with no obvious resolution and it wasn't in the short
list of known problems given in the beta announcement email. I think it
should be in the release notes.

I gather from the list chatter I did find that it's not a brand-new
problem. I'll continue to dig for a solution.

-swn

libboost_thread-vc90-mt-1_40.lib(tss_pe.obj) : error LNK2005:
_pRawDllMain already defined in dllmain.obj