Subject: Re: [boost] sorting library proposal (Was: Review Wizard Status Report for June 2009)o
From: Steven Ross (spreadsort_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-19 08:40:23

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 8:15 AM, DE <satan66613_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> on 18.08.2009 at 0:37
> Steven Ross wrote :
> > I followed the conventions in:
> > http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_34_1/more/writingdoc/index.html.
> > Do you have any specific suggestions for improvement?
> once i gone to one of subpages i can not go to main page rather than
> pressing [back] in my browser
> there should be a navigation pane or something like
>
> main::subpage::subsubpage
>
> like on forum pages

I've added a "spirit-nav" bar at the top and bottom, just like in some other
Boost documentation (and reuploaded). I think that's what you were looking
for. It has home and up links that go back to the index page, and next and
previous links that enable sequential scrolling through the docs.

> > Why? I don't see that in:
> > http://www.boost.org/development/int_const_guidelines.html
> > They are details that are not intended to be modified by the average
> user,
> > and are in the detail scope for that reason.
> > People with a good understanding of both the algorithm and the
> processor(s)
> > they intend to run their software on may wish to modify them, which is
> the
> > only reason they are documented.
> i bet you won't need addresses of that variables so it's a better
> decision to make them members of unnamed enum
> that way you get truly compile-time constants
> it's perfectly portable and does not assume size of int in any way
> just think of it
> also i suggest those guides are somewhat outdated

I don't see how it hurts, so I implemented your suggestion; the constants
are now defined as enum { val = # }, instead of having a type. Thanks for
your feedback.

The library is ready for formal review.