Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review of Boost.Polygon is halfway through and no actual reviews so far
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-30 04:36:20

2009/8/29 Fernando Cacciola <fernando.cacciola_at_[hidden]>:
> Hi Luke,
>
>> As it is currently I am the sole author of every file, so that should be
>> clear enough.
>>
> Clear enough for those of us who are watching, but 5 years from now people
> will wind up using Boost.Polygon without ever relating it to you.
> So, I strongly recommend that you find a legal way to put your name in the
> code *and* the documentation, alongside Intel of course.

His name would be in the maintainers list and 'svn annotate' so
developers should be able to tell who wrote it and who's responsible
for it. Users' questions should be addressed to the list, not to
individuals. So there's no reason to require his name in the source.
I'd suggest it's actually a problem that most libraries are reliant on
a single developer.

Daniel