Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review of Boost.Polygon is halfway through and no actual reviews so far
From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando.cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-29 15:58:26

Hi Luke,

> As it is currently I am the sole author of every file, so that should be
> clear enough.

Clear enough for those of us who are watching, but 5 years from now people will
wind up using Boost.Polygon without ever relating it to you.
So, I strongly recommend that you find a legal way to put your name in the code
*and* the documentation, alongside Intel of course.

FWIW, what I've always seen is: the copyright holder being the sponsoring or
employing company, but the "author" being the person who was sponsored or
employed. Something like:

Copyright (C) 2009, Intel Corp.

Author: Lucanus Simonson (<your email here>)

IANAL but that makes legal sense because an "author" isn't implicitely bound to
any sort of right, so they all go to Intel as they require.

This is in the very spirit of open source where your name in the material is
your most dirtect, often only, retribution.

Best

--
Fernando Cacciola
SciSoft Consulting, Founder