Subject: Re: [boost] [Polygon] review - interval
From: Mika Heiskanen (mika.heiskanen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-30 10:29:53

John Bytheway wrote:
> Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
>> Steven Watanabe wrote:
>>> interval_concept.hpp:205-206,219-220,231-232,246-247, maybe more
>>> Please use static_cast, instead of a C-style cast.
>> Many more. I use c-style casts for coordinate type conversion pretty much uniformly. How big of an issue is this? It would take a while to hunt them all down.
>
> You'll probably get complaints from gcc users about the warnings it
> causes (with -Wold-style-cast).

I agree. I want to know exactly where my nontrivial casts are. Unless I
enable -Wold-style-cast I cannot enforce the programming style which
forces one to pick the properly specialized cast. Replacing trivial
casts with static_cast may seem like a mundane task, but it is necessary for
identifying the points where static_cast is not sufficient.

--> Mika Heiskanen