Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review: Boost.Polygon starts today August 24, 2009
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-01 15:03:22

Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
> Are you suggesting that I separate the declarations of functions
> from their defintions and place the defintions in the detail directory?

No. What I'm suggesting is that you differentiate between algorithms that can work on a concept and the interface of the concept. If I would implement an algorithm "max_axisparallel_ellipse" that would work on a polygon set, this wouldn't make it part of the interface of polygon set. But why should all algorithms implemented by you that work on a polygon set be part of the interface of polygon set, but not the algorithms implemented by me?

So what I suggest is that you separate the interface of a concept from the algorithms that work on the concept. Not even the algorithm dispatch code should be part of the interface of the concept.

Regards,
Thomas