Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review: Boost.Polygon starts today August 24, 2009
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-02 13:53:37

> I raised the question whether "convex hull" is a "basic polygon algorithm", because it is not the only "basic 2D" algorithm, and I wasn't sure whether
>
> - Delaunay triangulation
> - Voronoi diagram
> - Closest pair of points
> - Euclidean shortest path
> - Polygon triangulation
>
> would all make their way into the requirements, if one doesn't clearly state what needs to be provided for a polygon library and what can be considered as optional.

Sure, you're right. It is difficult to distinguish which should be there
and which would be nice to have. We follow the OGC conventions and
operations, which form a logical and coherent list of operations, but
that is probably not that relevant to Boost. OK, forget the convex hull
from my list then.

Regards, Barend