Subject: [boost] On the Road to Aspen (BoostCon 10)
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-02 23:09:29

Hi,

The road to Aspen starts now. I've been to all three BoostCon events
since its inaugural conference in 2007. I can tell you, the experience
is definitely amazing.

I've been a Boost developer since 2001. Boost is like a virtual family
to me. From 2001, I've known and collaborated with countless people,
many of which I haven't actually met, until the first BoostCon in 2007.
Amazing people like Hartmut Kaiser, Dan Marsden, Eric Niebler, to name a
few, were just names. Before BoostCon, I often wished to get to see the
faces behind the names. It was exhilarating to finally meet these folks,
have a couple of beer (and Pizza!), talk about C++, library development,
the wondrous mountains of Aspen, the trees, the bears and coyotes (hah!).

If this looks too much like a friendly post, well, it is! I'd like to
break a bit from the highly technical discussions taking place in these
mailing lists and point you to a FaceBook group named, ermm, "BoostCon" :-)

     http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125839305706

My task is to invite you guys to join in. You do not have to be a former
BoostCon attendee. Everyone here is invited to join. If you want to see
the "faces" behind the names, get to know more of the people behind
Boost, get to know more friends that share your passion for Boost, C++,
templates, etc., in a more relaxed venue, this is the place.

If you have even the slightest inkling to attend a future conference,
well, join in. Here we can discuss things like sharing rooms to cut
cost, where to find the best food in town, car pooling etc. In
preparation time prior to the conference, we can discuss matters like
which kind of talks you want to see, keynote speakers you'd be
interested in seeing, etc.

For past BoostCon attendees, here’s a chance to meet up again.

Hey, even if you are not planning to attend, I'd like to invite you
anyway. Consider this group as a friendly face of Boost :-). Hopefully,
the friendly atmosphere will make you attend anyway ;-)

Cheers,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com