Subject: Re: [boost] On the Road to Aspen (BoostCon 2010)
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-29 05:25:49

Hi,

I just found out the difference between a Facebook "group" and a
Facebook "page". Quoting Luann (Abrahams): "FYI, we have an FB *group*.
   Marketing for organizations and produds works on FB via *pages*.
Pages work like individual (human) profiles and will give status updates
etc. to people who become fans of it. A group is more of a social/bb
function."

One annoying thing about our FB BoostCon group is that updates on groups
won't send notification to the group members whereas a "page" does.
Confusing! I know.

Anyway, let me invite you to a newly created BoostCon page:

     http://www.facebook.com/pages/BoostCon/142117573574?ref=mf

Please join in and tell people about it.

Thank you! See you in FB and BoostCon 2010!

I'm keeping my original post below:

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com