Subject: [boost] [1.41.0] Release branch open for merges
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-03 07:25:22
The release branch (https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release)
is open for merging all stable changes from trunk, including bug fixes
and major upgrades to existing libraries. Breaking changes should be
coordinated via the mailing list with the developers of the other
libraries affected. New libraries may be added, but require permission
of a release manager.
In other words, except for new libraries, merging changes *does not*
need permission from a release manager. I.e. just do it!
The release schedule is more aggressive than usual on the front end so
that we can maintain our quarterly release schedule:
* September 13, 2009: branches/release closed for new libraries
and breaking changes to existing libraries. Still open for bug fixes
and other routine changes to all libraries.
* September 20, 2009: Release managers start QA checks.
* October 4, 2009: branches/release closed for major code changes.
Still open for serious problem fixes and docs changes.
* October 11, 2009: branches/release closed for all library
changes except when specific permission given by release manager(s).
* October 18, 2009: Beta release target date. Further betas and/or
release candidates as feedback dictates.
* November 1, 2009: Release ship date.
Links relating to this release:
* Google Calendar with the release schedule:
* Release schedule explanation:
* Release practices for developers:
-- The release managers
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk