Subject: Re: [boost] [1.41.0] Release branch open for merges
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-03 12:27:41

Hmmm - might we change the release schedule policy from "every three months"
to "three months after the previously release" ? It would seem more
sensible to me since the time between last merge to the shipping has been
reduced to a couple of weeks. The important thing is for uses to know that
if he has a problem and reports it (and maybe nags about it) he might get a
fix in the next 3 months.

BTW - Is there a consensus that this release procedure is a huge improvement
over the previous one? What are the current obstacles to making it easier?

Robert Ramey