Subject: Re: [boost] [warnings] Are warnings acceptable artifactsfrom builds?
From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-10 11:47:35

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:08 AM, Michael Fawcett
<michael.fawcett_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> AMDG
>>
>> Michael Fawcett wrote:
>>>
>>> I wish.  That's how it works with MSVC though.
>>>

>> No it doesn't.  At least, not in recent versions.
>> The following produces a warning only if I leave
>> the initial #define.
>
> <snip>
>
> I just tried that - you're right (and I'd be a fool to argue with you
> about templates).
>
> However, I have seen warnings produced by templates in Boost code that
> do not get suppressed using that technique.  The only way to suppress
> them was to use those pragmas in my own files, but I have no such
> evidence that I can present without quite a bit of time searching.  So
> I guess the point is moot.

I finally remembered what I was thinking about. The warnings were
from a boost header, but it was not surrounded by pragmas. That
caused me to have to surround every include of that header with those
pragmas, eventually causing me to just make a new header that did
that.

So my memory completely failed me. Sorry, Thomas and Steven.

Regards,

--Michael Fawcett