Subject: Re: [boost] [warnings] Are warnings acceptable artifactsfrom builds?
From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-09 11:08:10

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Michael Fawcett wrote:
>>
>> I wish.  That's how it works with MSVC though.
>>

> No it doesn't.  At least, not in recent versions.
> The following produces a warning only if I leave
> the initial #define.

<snip>

I just tried that - you're right (and I'd be a fool to argue with you
about templates).

However, I have seen warnings produced by templates in Boost code that
do not get suppressed using that technique. The only way to suppress
them was to use those pragmas in my own files, but I have no such
evidence that I can present without quite a bit of time searching. So
I guess the point is moot.

--Michael Fawcett