Subject: Re: [boost] Are warnings acceptable artifacts from builds?
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-11 17:09:58

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Stewart, Robert <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Emil Dotchevski wrote:
>> Obviously, if someone
>> reports a warning and a library developer thinks there is a good way
>> to fix the warning, it'll be fixed and that will be the end of it. The
>
> This is a far cry from your earlier claim that someone complaining about a warning was being rude to you, the library developer.  Nevertheless, I'm glad to see we've reached consensus.

Complaining is fine, it's a free country. :)

What I meant is that often, when reporting a warning, people presume
that it would be unreasonable not to fix the warning, which I think is
inappropriate in the sense that they don't recognize that their ask
may be entirely based on a personal preference others might find
unreasonable. Perhaps "rude" isn't the right word to describe this,
yes.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.