Subject: Re: [boost] [pool] Thread specific pool allocator
From: James Bremner (ravenspoint_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-14 12:10:45

"Stewart, Robert" <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Boost isn't so shortsighted as to think non-Boost is bad. Licensing is
> often a good reason to put something in Boost, however. The real driver
> is to advance the state of the art in C++ libraries, always with an eye to
> inclusion in the Standard.

There is a universe of excellent libraries. However, I did not expect to
see them resommended on this newsgroup.

IMHO the standard libraries are rather perverse when used for programs to be
run on multi-processor machines - which many people own today. Naive use of
the STL containers, in particular, causes a multithreaded program to run
slower on multi-processor machines.

I would like to see BOOST begin to address this issue, hence my post.

James