Subject: Re: [boost] [rdb] Uploaded 0.0.07
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-24 17:36:09

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Jean-Louis Leroy <jl_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Alp Mestan wrote:
>>
>> Since you're using ODBC, theoretically you can just bind your library to
>> any
>> RDBMS supporting ODBC ?
>>

> Indeed. That's why I used it as the first backend to support, but with time
> I hope that we'll have native support for all major vendors, for speed and
> for supporting specific features (e.g. table or row locking).

>From my experience, many ODBC wrapper around DB's tend to have speed
hits, as well as not properly optimizing calls for the underlying DB?

I still say a Boost.RDB should be modeled after Python's SQLAlchemy
library, such a wonderful design after using it for a year, and it
optimizes your SQL for the underlying DB (so some may use joins, some
may use other things, etc... whatever is best for the DB).