Subject: [boost] [rdb] 0.0.10 + documentation
From: Jean-Louis Leroy (jl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-29 18:54:07

I have uploaded a new revision to the vault.

The only /visible/ change in the API is the syntax for the
insert...select statement. It was
`insert_into(table)(cols)(select(...))`, it is now
`insert_into(table)(cols).select(...). The syntax engine is beginning to
look more and more like a compile-time finite state machine.

And there is the beginning of a documentation ! you can view it here :
http://www.yorel.be/boost/libs/rdb/doc/html/index.html

The tutorial is 2/3 complete for this phase (i.e. sans prepared statements).

The structure of the doc is strongly influenced by Fusion's - no wonder,
I spent so much time in it ;-) While I like the overall structure, I
wonder if the Fusion style is appropriate for a tool that is not so much
into meta-programming (well at least on the outside). I documented
insert_into in this fashion (see
http://www.yorel.be/boost/libs/rdb/doc/html/rdb/sql_subsystem/statements/insert_into.html)
for a test. If you have opinions, please voice them.

J-L