Subject: Re: [boost] Review Request: Boost.Itl; The Interval Template Library
From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-01 08:42:56

Joachim Faulhaber wrote:
> 2009/9/30 Jeff Flinn <TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]>:
>> I've been able to get what I currently need of the itl
>> to compile/link and pass tests under CodeWarrior 9.4 on windows and Mac.
>
> good news :-)

One more warning in interval.hpp, the enum BoundedTypes last value has
an inappropriate trailing ','. Not sure why this only showed up on 1 of
6 CodeWarrior target compilations.

>> The
>> attached patch file clears up the ambiguous template definition errors I was
>> getting. The culprit was the use of 'using base_type::insert' in
>> boost/itl/map.hpp. CodeWarrior sees both std::map::insert(const value_type&)
>> and itl::map::insert(const value_type&) because of the using declaration
>> unhiding all overloads of std::map::insert. I'm not sure what the standard
>> says about this. So I removed the 'using base_type::insert' and provide an
>> explicit forwarding function to insert(iterator, value_type).
>
> which is better than the combination of 'using' and redefinition.

I should clarify that I still get compilation errors/warnings using
split_interval_map::operator+=, but rather I'm using the add method.

>> This is
>> probably the case for other classes that privately derive from
>> std::containers.
>
> I have checked this. I have found no more flaws of this kind.
>
>> There also were two add_front function bodies that didn't use the co_val
>> argument, so I commented out those args to quiet warnings.
>
> Jeff, thank you again for contributing work on portability
> for the itl. I have integrated your patch and checked the
> code for more flaws of this kind.
>
> I have compiled and tested the changes with gcc and msvc
> and committed the code to the sandbox.

Cool!

Thanks, Jeff