Subject: Re: [boost] How can new members can start contributing to this group?
From: Stewart, Robert (Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-01 08:48:18

Manoj Sharma wrote:

> I have 5 years of development experience on C++ on Solaris.
>
> I am new to Boost and want to be active member of this group.
>
> Please suggest me how can I proceed to start contributing to
> this group.

- Report bugs.

- Develop patches to fix bugs (submit to this list for maintainer consideration).

- Develop patches to fix documentation deficiencies you may find.

- Share your experiences, concerns, and ideas.

- Answer questions raised on this list.

- Review library submissions.

- There might be a need to support Solaris builds if you can host one.

- Help those developing new libraries (review the recent history on this list and check for recent sandbox activity).

- Submit a patch for the web site to produce a list like this one so newcomers can find such information more readily!

HTH,

_____
Rob Stewart robert.stewart_at_[hidden]