Subject: Re: [boost] How can new members can start contributing to this group?
From: Stewart, Robert (Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-01 08:48:18
Manoj Sharma wrote:
> I have 5 years of development experience on C++ on Solaris.
> I am new to Boost and want to be active member of this group.
> Please suggest me how can I proceed to start contributing to
> this group.
- Report bugs.
- Develop patches to fix bugs (submit to this list for maintainer consideration).
- Develop patches to fix documentation deficiencies you may find.
- Share your experiences, concerns, and ideas.
- Answer questions raised on this list.
- Review library submissions.
- There might be a need to support Solaris builds if you can host one.
- Help those developing new libraries (review the recent history on this list and check for recent sandbox activity).
- Submit a patch for the web site to produce a list like this one so newcomers can find such information more readily!
Rob Stewart robert.stewart_at_[hidden]
Software Engineer, Core Software using std::disclaimer;
Susquehanna International Group, LLP http://www.sig.com
IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email and/or its attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Any review, use, reproduction, disclosure or dissemination of this message or any attachment by an unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. Neither this message nor any attachment is intended as or should be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell any security or other financial instrument. Neither the sender, his or her employer nor any of their respective affiliates makes any warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained herein or that this message or any of its attachments is free of viruses.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk