Subject: Re: [boost] [task]
From: k-oli_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-10-02 12:59:10

First - boost.task is the successor of boost.threadpool and uses the wait-
notifications too (but doesn't wait infinit because some co-worker-thread could
have produced additonal tasks which could be stolen).

Second - I'm finishing boost.task-0.4.0 which replaces
this_task::reschedule_until() by this_task::block().
block() suspends the current task without blocking the worker-thread. The
blocked task gets rescheduled by the internal scheduler (returning from
block()):

while ( ! condition)
        this_task::block();

Version 0.4.0 allows to synchronize or exchange messages between the tasks
without deadlocking the threadpool (that means amount of tasks >> worker-
threads in pool).

regards,
Oliver