Subject: [boost] Bjam outside Boost tree
From: Jean-Louis Leroy (jl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-04 17:17:16

I am working on a lib that is laid out in typical boost fashion: a
directory with boost/rdb/includes.hpp, libs/rdb/src/stuff.cpp. When I
put these two directories right inside a Boost tree that builds properly
with bjam, I can build my libs as well (via chdir to libs/rdb/test and
run bjam). I managed to get that much working.

Now I would like to build outside the boost tree. I have found this
message:http://lists.boost.org/boost-build/2002/11/2221.php but the link
it contains is broken. I have tried to locate the information in the doc
for half an hour now, without success. I tried to set BOOST_BUILD_PATH
AND BOOST_ROOT to point to the boost tree. And copied boost-build.jam to
the root of my dir.

Can someone help me with this please?

TIA,
J-L