Subject: Re: [boost] [task] reschedule_until
From: k-oli_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-10-05 14:21:30

> Thanks - I'll steer clear of using reschedule_until at the moment. Being
> able to block a task without locking out the worker thread would be
> useful for me, but I suspect my requirement may be rather different to
> yours. I'm pretty much assuming amount of tasks == worker-threads in
> pool. My main interest in a thread pool is to avoid creating and
> destroying a new thread each time a task has to run but I suspect I may
> use task or threadpool it this way initially and see what the overhead
> is like.

with static_pool the worker-threads remains equal during the lifetime of the
pool. as I explained with version 0.4.0 it doesn't matter if the amount of
tasks >> worker-threads or tasks == worker etc. no threads are created or
destroyed because of blocking tasks.
I've povided version 0.3.0 only for convenience.
regards,
Oliver