Subject: Re: [boost] [rdb] 0.11
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-08 12:09:38

John Bytheway wrote:
> Jean-Louis Leroy wrote:
>>> If you pretend to propose RDB to Boost why don't use the sandbox?
>>> Vicente
>> Because I often work disconnected from the internet, and I got used to
>> distributed scms like BitKeeper and Darcs. I want to be able to record
>> small changes while on the train to work for example.
>
> FWIW, there are tools (e.g. svk and git-svn) that let you access an svn
> 'backend' but make commits without the Internet too.

There is also a well-maintained git mirror with several clones:

   http://gitorious.org/boost

it isn't darcs, but then again (iiuc, could be wrong) ghc itself is
going to git for performance reasons. Gitorious is nice as it makes it
really easy to set up clones and trade commits.

Different topic: I recently started playing with the erlang distributed
database 'mnesia' which has a really, really nice database DSEL based on
list comprehensions. I'm very impressed. It looks like one could put
something like this together with proto. You might check it out for
design ideas.

-t