Subject: Re: [boost] Preliminary submission: generic linear algebra algorithmslibrary Boost LA
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-20 13:42:27

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'm presuming that these are different than
>
> http://www.osl.iu.edu/research/mtl/
>
> and boost multi_array
>
> as well as other systems.  It would be interesting if the introduction
> included a comparison to these and other alternatives.

Good point.

To answer briefly, both MTL and (Boost) LA define generic algorithms
to work with matrices and vectors, but MTL is perhaps more similar to
BLAS/uBLAS/cuBLAS in terms of problem domain.

Boost multi_array is relevant as it is trivial to define matrix_traits
specialization that allows (Boost) LA to treat it as a matrix.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.