Subject: Re: [boost] Time for another bug sprint (after 1.41 ships)?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-02 10:06:47

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 12:05 PM, troy d. straszheim <troy_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> John Maddock wrote:
>

>> Good idea - but here's another suggestion - it would be great if someone
>> could do an audit of release and trunk branches and see what hasn't been
>> merged but should have been. I get the impression that some folks have
>> committed fixes to Trunk and then forgotten all about them :-(
>>

> A quick diff shows:
>
> 1336 files changed, 28506 insertions(+), 66896 deletions(-)
>
> A file by file summary is here:
>
> http://sodium.resophonic.com/boost/diffstat.txt
>
> Whitespace insensitive full diff here:
>
> http://sodium.resophonic.com/boost/difffull-ignoring-whitespace.txt
>
> Whitespace sensitive version:
>
> http://sodium.resophonic.com/boost/difffull-including-whitespace.txt
>

> Hopefully this is helpful. I've tried to generate reports like this with
> svn and have been consistently unsuccessful, as the network tends to time
> out before the diff has completed.

I've pecked away at generating similar reports via svn. Haven't had any
timeouts or other problems. The design I had in mind was to generate a web
page listing the names of all libraries with unmerged changes, with each
name linked to a diff for that particular library. The web page would be
generated and posted daily, similar to the inspection report.

Your reports are very helpful; they are a clear demonstration of how serious
the unmerged changes problem is.

Thanks!

--Beman