Subject: Re: [boost] Introduction of numeric_adaptor
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-03 05:15:22

>Yep I remember now that you had talked about that already last time we
>mentioned our work, I completely forgot to look at Boost.Math bindings
>since then. However I don't find any real documentation about what it
>is exactly (rationale + use case(s)). If the purpose is the same as
>our work, there would be no problem to migrate our work into your (add
>CLN for instance).

Browse the topics starting here:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_40_0/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/math_toolkit/using_udt.html,
the bindings add just enough syntactic sugar to make the two arbitrary
precision libraries so far supported conform to our concept requirements
(http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_40_0/libs/math/doc/sf_and_dist/html/math_toolkit/using_udt/concepts.html).
In other words to make them look "just like a regular std number type".
Both NTL::RR and mpfr get pretty close to this already BTW, there were just
a few features and Boost.Math specific traits/helper functions that were
missing.

Cheers, John.