Subject: Re: [boost] [1.41.0] Beta 1 available
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-04 10:32:28

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
> > Ouch! Renamed via the SourceForge file manager. It will take an
> > indeterminate length of time before the change is reflected in their
> release
> > system.
>
> It seems that file release system is the only feature of SourceForge that
> we use,
> and that it's still kinda painful to use. Maybe, we should move? E.g.
> serving
> files from the web server or using Google Code (which has scripted upload)
> or
> something else?

SourceForge has improved their release system, and it is quite a bit easier
to use than in the past. I've been updating
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleasePractices/ManagerCheckList#Releasesas
I become familiar with the new SourceForge interface.

The name goofs were strictly on my side. The names were wrong when I created
the release candidate; see http://boost.cowic.de/rc/

Thanks for the comment, however, since we always need to be on the lookout
for ways to improve our process.

Speaking of that, I notice that SourceForge has a Thumbs up/Thumbs down
rating system now.

We need to take a look at the roughly 10% of the Boost ratings that get a
"Thumbs down" to see what is bothering users.

--Beman