Subject: Re: [boost] [1.41.0] Release branch open for low-risk merges
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-05 12:13:59

Beman Dawes wrote:
> branches\release is open for low-risk merges.
>
> Use your own judgment as to what "low-risk" is, but as always
> stability on trunk is one of the criteria.
>
> Towards the middle of next week we will take a look at where we stand
> as far as the freeze for final release. We can always decide to do a
> second beta, too. But please do any outstanding merges as soon as you
> are sure they are stable, rather than waiting until the last moment.

> Use your own judgment as to what "low-risk" is, but as always
> stability on trunk is one of the criteria.

At this point, I think that you're judgement should be the
determinant as to what "low risk" is. If I were you, I would lock the
release
branch to make sure you absolutely know about each of
of these cases. But then you're not me so you can
do it the way you want.

The enemy of making things better is the attempt to make
things perfect.

Robert Ramey